|Sensata > About
> Press Room >
Company Fact Sheet|
Company Fact Sheet
Sensata Technologies is a world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and controls.
On average, Sensata manufactures 16,000 different products and shipsover 1 billion units a year under the familiar brand names Klixon®, Airpax®, Dimensions™, Qinex™ and Sensor-N ITE.
Our devices are used in automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air conditioning, data and telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine applications and help satisfy the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment, improving safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day.
|Two Major Business Segments|
Controls: a major player in worldwide electrical and power protection industries.
Sensors: a market leader in automotive, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and industrial markets.
|2013 REVENUES: $1.98 BILLION
Revenues by Region
|Corporate Credit Ratings|
Standard & Poor’s: BB+
Business Centers and manufacturing sites in Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, China, the Dominican Republic, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherland, Poland and the United States. Plus Sales & Marketing offices worldwide.
12,100 employees worldwide as of December 31, 2013
- 1916: We got our start when businessman RathbunWillard founded the General Plate Company in Attleboro, MA to provide gold plate to the Rhode Island jewelry industry
- 1931: General Plate merged with Spencer Thermostat Company to create the Metals and Controls Corp
- 1959: We merged with Texas Instruments (TI) and became a new TI division
- 2006: We were reborn as a private company named Sensata Technologies; acquired First Technology
- 2007: Acquired AirpaxHoldings and its four operating units
- 2010: Held our Initial Public Offering (IPO); began trading on NYSE under “ST”
- 2011: Bought Honeywell’s “Automotive on Board” Sensors business and ElexGroup’s Sensor-NITE
- 2012: We acquired Wells-CTI test socket and thermal control product lines
- 2014: We acquired Wabash Technologies